July 26, 2017 by Vishesh Agrawal
Apart from IIT and PSU after GATE
The GATE examination is an exam which is for engineers carrying B.E./B.tech degree (or pursuing and are in final year). It is conducted every year by IIT for admissions in M.tech/M.E. courses. As more number governmental organizations and also some private companies are now recruiting through GATE score, its importance and level of competition is increasing day by day. Almost all the MAHARATNA and MINIRATNA companies are now recruiting through GATE and its now the prime goal of candidates to either join any PSU or IIT. Most of the students are only aware of only these two options. As the competition is growing and becoming tougher, some talented students having good marks even are unable to find their seats in IITs or any PSU.
So, the good news is there is a lot more apart from IIT and PSU if you are having a good score (but not excellent). So, guys this post will help you in finding some other ways to grab some excellent career options.
1. NITs and IIITs : Apart from IITs, there are also some very good NITs like NIT Warangal, and NIT Trichy which offers very good job opportunities after completion of your M.tech. Also, institutes like IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology) offers some very good career oriented courses. The admissions forms for NITs and IIITs are to be filled separately by the candidates. The dates are generally after IIT counseling.
2. Private Colleges : Apart from government institutes, there are also some private colleges like BITS Pilani, and VIT Vellore having wonderful infrastructure and healthy placement records for M.tech students also. Though there fees are high, but the level of education and placement is better than most of the NITs and IIITs. These institutes doesn’t take admissions on GATE score, but they take their own admission tests.
3. NITIE, Mumbai : This one something different. NITIE (National Institue of Industrial Engineering) doesn’t offer you an M.Tech or M.E. degree. But it has post graduate diploma courses in management (PGDM) which is equivalent to MBA. For those who doesn’t know what PGDM is. I must tell you that PGDM has no less importance than MBA, but the top intitutes like IIM also offers PGDM rather than MBA. The PGDM courses are only for GATE qualified candidates and has a separate counseling. Again the placements are very good and can even reach above Rs 10lakh.
4. COEP and DTU : These two colleges have a good fight between them but for me they end up at the same level. COEP is one of the oldest colleges of India eshtablished way back in 1850s and still the best college of Maharashtra (of course after IIT Bomabay and VNIT Nagpur ). It has a very strong alumini network which gives you a surety of job (may be not through campus) after your course. DTU which was formely called DCE is still the best of Delhi after IIT Delhi (Yes, better than NIT Delhi). So, if you just want a job with a handsome package (below 10 Lakhs), you should surely not refuse these two colleges.
5. RV CoE, Bangalore : The best private college of Bangalore. What you want more for a job in any sector. Bangalore as our Silicon Valley, has the best possible job opportunities for us. So, this college experience full of recruiters. Apart from job opportunities, you always have advantage f a city like Bangalore where you can take any extra course, give interviews daily and learn apart from your college.
6. DIAT : DIAT (Defence Institute of Advance Technology), Pune is an government aided institute aiming to nurture students for organizations like ISRO and DRDO. The main branches here are mostly related to RF and Microwave. The whole environment has an effect of DRDO and ISRO. You can even do your projects under DRDO and the scientists directly interact with students for their development. Most of the placemen are itself done in DRDO and ISRO. So, here you get a chance to serve your country directly via your engineering skills.
7. NIELIT : NIELIT (National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology) is an autonomous government organization aiming at generating human resource in the field of electronics and information technology. Apart from short courses, the organization also offer PG diploma courses in the field of VLSI, and embedded systems of 24 months periods (4 semesters). The courses are generally job oriented with lots of practical hours. The admissions are taken via an admission test or by GATE score (in state counseling). There are approx. more than 10 NIELIT centers across India. The admissions via GATE score is done through state counseling. So, for every NIELIT which are in different states (or universities) you have to fill separate counseling forms of their respective states/universities.
8. Other Government Colleges: If you fail to get admissions in the above institutions, there are also some very good government colleges in every state which takes admissions through GATE score via state counseling.